Welcome to the GeoFS Wiki!Edit
Welcome to the GeoFS Wiki! This is a wiki about the free flight simulator, GeoFS!
GeoFS is a free, online flight simulator, with 3D scenery, and runs in your web browser. There is absolutely nothing to install or download. It includes several aircraft, ranging from the small Cessna 172 to the massive Airbus A380. GeoFS also has the option for custom aircraft, so players can import aircraft directly into the flight sim with the press of a button.
The simulator itself is built with web technologies and runs on many different systems and devices (Windows, Mac, Linux, Mobile - iOS/Android). The aircraft can be controlled in 3 different ways: Keyboard, Mouse, and External Joystick. Joystick support is provided via the Gamepad API which is now available on all major web browsers.
- built on Google Earth: worldwide photo-realistic sceneries
- simulate fixed wing aircraft, helicopter, paraglider and hot air balloon
- supports joystick control.
- realistic flight model (lifting-line theory)
- real-time weather, dynamic wind lift
- multiplayer: fly and chat with other pilots across the globe
- over 30,000 runways and global airspace map
New in version 1.0Edit
- User accounts, self moderation
- Instrumented cockpits
- Flight record/replay
- Google Chrome native joystick support (experimental)